Everything is within close range
Basel is a compact city. The Congress Center Basel is located in the middle of town and is within easy walking distance of many hotels located in the city centre.
BLACKLANE is pleased to be the official ground transportation company for the 24th Congress of the European Sleep Research Society in Basel. Click here for further information.
The Congress Center Basel (Tram stop Exhibition Square) is easily accessible from all railway stations:
- From the SBB/SNCF railway station, take tram no. 1 or no. 2 directly to the Exhibition Square (Messeplatz)
- From the Badischer Bahnhof, take tram no. 1, no. 2 or no. 6
- From Basel downtown take trams No. 6 or 14
Reservation in a Basel hotel includes the “Mobility Ticket” which allows you to use the public transportation system free of charge. The ticket will be handed out to you upon arrival at the hotel and is valid for the duration of your stay.
Each guest staying in a hotel in Basel, receives a Basel Card upon check-in. This allows free use of the public transportation system in the city of Basel and its environs (zones 10, 11, 13 and 15, incl. the way to and from the Airport). On the day of arrival, the reservation confirmation from the hotel guarantees a free transfer by public transport from the train station or the EuroAirport. So please don't forget to print your hotel confirmation and to take it with you on the tram or bus!
Arriving at EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg
- 15 minutes from the city center
- Transfer to the city center by bus, taxi or rental car
- Bus connections to the city center every 15 minutes, transfer time: 20 minutes
- Take bus No. 50 until "Basel SBB" and then Tram No.2 until "Exhibition Square"
- The EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse is served by several European airlines such as Air France, Lufthansa, Air Berlin or Easy Jet
- For further information visit: www.euroairport.com/en/flights/scheduled-destinations.html
Arriving at Zurich Airport
- Direct train connections to Basel every hour
- Transfer time: approximately 1,5 hous
- For further information visit: www.flughafen-zuerich.ch
- Over 4,500 weekly scheduled and chartered flights from more than 160 destinations
- All direct intercontinental flights into Switzerland land at Zurich, the largest airport of Switzerland
Basel is an international rail hub: direct ICE, IC and EC daytime and night-time connections from Germany, Austria, Italy, France and the Benelux countries.
Swiss Travel Pass
The SBB offers the Swiss Travel Pass, an all-in-one ticket to travel by rail, road and waterway throughout the whole of Switzerland. And it includes many bonus benefits. For more details please click here.
Basel is located at the junction of the European north-south and east-west freeway axes. Travel by car is convenient and parking space is available at many hotels.
|From Germany/France:||Freeway A5 or A36 south until the Swiss border, please cross the border and follow the freeway and use exit 1 "Basel-Kleinhüningen / Mulhouse / Riehen / Bad. Banhof"|
|From Switzerland:||Freeway A1 or A3 in direction of Basel. Please use exit "Messe / Bad. Bahnhof"|
Swiss freeways are subject to a toll fee. If you are planning on driving on a Swiss freeway you therefore have to purchase a sticker to be placed on your windshield. The sticker costs CHF 40 and is available at borders, gas stations and post offices.
The official car park of the Congress Center Basel (Riehenstr. 101, 4058 Basel) provides adequate parking.
During the day
|1 hour||CHF 2.00|
|4 hours||CHF 12.00|
|8 hours||CHF 26.00|
|1 day||CHF 50.00|
For detailed prices please click here.
Public Transportation in Basel