Abstract Submission is closed!
In order to standardise the abstract layout we ask you to read the preparation guidelines CAREFULLY! Avoid submission within 48 hours of the deadline for best system performance.
Rules for abstract submission
- Abstracts are to be submitted via the congress website only.
- Please follow the instructions listed below and in the abstract submission form step-by-step.
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in English. Please use UK English spelling and have your abstract proofread for grammar and understanding.
Guidelines for preparation and submission of abstracts
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author's contact details; include full mailing address, office hours phone number, email address and fax number.
- Presentation type preference (poster only / oral or poster presentation)
The Programme Committee reserves the right to decide on the final allocation and presentation method.
- Author or authors' names: first name(s), family name
- Affiliation details of all authors
- Abstract title is limited to 25 words
- Abstract text is limited to 250 words including acknowledgements
- Please structure your abstract using the following headings:
4. Conclusions (avoid evasive statements like "the findings will be discussed")
- All abbreviations must be defined the first time they appear in your text.
Example: Ataxia telangiectasia (AT), before being used as an abbreviation only.
Do not define or use abbreviations in the title.
If copy-pasting the abstract from a word-processing software (for example Word), please check that all special characters appear in the right format. You can use the symbol button above the textbox to edit/add such characters.
- During the online submission process, authors should indicate whether they wish to be considered for the Young Scientists Symposium.
- If your research has been granted any commercial or institutional support, you will be asked to disclose this during the submission process. Please prepare a one sentence statement for this purpose.
- Attendance of presenting author
If an abstract is accepted, one author must attend the congress and present it in person. Acceptance of the abstract implies payment of the registration fee by the presenting author. Poster presenters must be present and stand by their posters during their assigned poster session.
- After having submitted your abstract, you will receive a confirmation by e-mail with your abstract reference number and personal address code and password. If you do not receive a confirmation by e-mail please contact ESRS2016[at]abstractserver.com
Should you wish to make corrections to an abstract already submitted or if you wish to submit other abstracts later, you may use your personal access codes.
Corrections to abstracts can only be made up to the deadline of Monday, 25 April 2016.
Please select the category under which the abstract is to be reviewed after consulting the list of categories.
Authors will be notified of acceptance by the middle June 2016 by email.
Full instructions concerning preparation and presentation will be included.
Accepted abstracts will be published online on the congress website.
If you have questions regarding abstracts or need assistance, please contact the abstract team at abstracts.ch[at]congrex-switzerland.com.
Abstract hotline: +41 61 686 77 22
For technical questions please contact ESRS2016[at]abstractserver.com.