In the Speakers Service Centre (SSC)
- Please transport your presentation to the SSC on CD-ROM, DVD, USB-Memorystick or USB Hard-Disk Drive
- Please come to the SSC the day before or at least two hours before your lecture!
- Our technicians will assist you to check/correct your presentation and transfer it to a server.
- You then rehearse your presentation with the assistance of a technician.
Technicians will help you with your PowerPoint Presentation and will ensure that your changes are updated.
Peak hours of operation in the SSC are during coffee breaks and lunch breaks. We highly recommend visiting SSC early in the morning or during the sessions.
In the lecture room
- Via network your presentation is made available in your lecture room.
- The technician in the room will start your presentation on the first slide at the right time, then you can control your presentation with a mouse remote controle device. In front of you a comfort screen will be placed where you can see the presentation (the same picture like on the projection).
- No possibility to connect your laptop at the lectern in the lecture rooms (except for Mac Os users)
- No change in presentation in the lecture room by the technician or the speaker.
- Speakers are not allowed to use their own laptops
- Current version for presentations: Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 for Windows and earlier editions.
- Resolution: 1024 x 768 or higher up to full HD.
- Aspect ratio: 16 : 9 or 4 : 3.
- Fonts: Please use only standard fonts, because your own special fonts will not be depicted correctly. We suggest to use a font size of 14 points or greater.
- Audio: audio files integrated in a PowerPoint such as mp3 and wav.
- Video: MP4, mov, wmv movies, integrated in a PowerPoint presentation, using among the following codec’s: H.264, Xvid MPEG-4, MPEG-2 / MPEG-1 /MPEG-4, Windows Media 12, Mov
- Movie: Make your movie's with standard video programs and the standard codecs. Movies created with proprietary codecs from professional machines, will not be viewable. If movies and/or audio files are embedded in your presentation, make sure you bring the movie/audio files to the Speakers’ Support Centre in case the files need to be converted. If some movies in a presentation do not work during testing, we will convert them to a format that PowerPoint accepts through a video converter program
- Saving: Films should be compiled in WMV, Mp4, mov or MPEG1/2/4 format and must always be copied into the presentation folder. You can then incorporate your film in PowerPoint without any problems. Copy the entire folder onto your USB stick or onto a CD / DVD and bring it with you, on the storage medium, in its entirety.
- Mac: See the instructions below.
- Prezi: You can bring your Prezi presentation and it will be showed in its original format.
Instructions for speakers using Mac OS system and Keynote Apple Software
- The standard format to use TecnoSlide is Microsoft PowerPoint. The speakers who use MAC hardware and Keynote for the presentations are invited to convert them in PowerPoint format, alternatively they are invited to come to the SSC at least two hours before the lecture to make any necessary conversion.
- If the speaker is not satisfied by the conversion result, he can decide to use his personal Apple computer directly in the room. It is intended that this solution will make it impossible to use the services provided.